Answered

IOS 11 and TruePlay

• 20 September 2017
  • 97 replies

After updating to IOS 11 TruePlay doesn’t work!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 September 2017, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

97 replies

As has been stated before, the likely issue isn't the software that they would have had their hands on, it's the hardware, which Apple wouldn't share with anyone at all.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with why Sonos could not be prepared for Trueplay tuning to continue working on existing hardware (like an iPhone 6S) once updated to iOS11 (as has been stated before.)
Sure, assuming that they wanted to release two different updates. I can certainly see someone taking a decision that said "let's wrap it all up in one single release", with the expectation that it would be fairly quick to resolve, and then running in to a bug that caused it to be delayed. Shoot, I've run in to situations in software releases like that, too. And I was the one who was making the decision about what would be included and what could wait. It's certainly frustrating, but I'd suggest the difference between non-TruePlay and TruePlayed speakers is not a life changing event, it's an adjustment. And frankly, all Android users don't have the ability to do it at all.

Do I want it out ASAP, sure I do. But I also recognize that software releases are frequently not as easy to QA and release as we, the public, want. I just moved a pair of speakers, and want to TruePlay them. But I can wait, it's a rather minor annoyance.

I tuned my playbase and then ios 11 dropped, now I have 2 PLAY 1's that won't tune. How affected will the sound be? I'm not sure how to control the volume of them, do I need to manually use the volume on each one or are they paired together?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I tuned my playbase and then ios 11 dropped, now I have 2 PLAY 1's that won't tune. How affected will the sound be? I'm not sure how to control the volume of them, do I need to manually use the volume on each one or are they paired together?

Trueplay is a process that optimises the sound of your speakers with the surroundings. The Play 1s will work perfectly well and in ALL other respects function is not affected by whether or not Trueplay is performed
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Sonos v8 re-adds TruePlay support for iOS 11, so the nightmare ends for the Apple early adopters.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sonos v8 re-adds TruePlay support for iOS 11, so the nightmare ends for the Apple early adopters.
That's correct, as of now, iOS 11 should be working great for Trueplay.
In my 5.1 true play don't work! iOS11 sonos app v8
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
In my 5.1 true play don't work! iOS11 sonos app v8
Did it give you an error other than "not available on this device"?
there is not "room" option in setting menù In my 5.1 true play don't work! iOS11 sonos app v8
Did it give you an error other than "not available on this device"?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
As has been stated before, the likely issue isn't the software that they would have had their hands on, it's the hardware, which Apple wouldn't share with anyone at all.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with why Sonos could not be prepared for Trueplay tuning to continue working on existing hardware (like an iPhone 6S) once updated to iOS11 (as has been stated before.)

Now then. Let’s sit quietly to enable you to engage your brain.
Ready. OK, tell us how you know that the sound processing has not changed from iOS10 to iOS11.? Have you even bothered to look through all the settings and noted the differences?
As has been stated before, please do,pay attention, iOS11 has changed the sound processing from the microphone. Or has it? Do you know?
How would you like your 6S to give you really nasty results from your sudden urge to Trueplay a speaker? Would that make you happy?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Sure, assuming that they wanted to release two different updates. I can certainly see someone taking a decision that said "let's wrap it all up in one single release", with the expectation that it would be fairly quick to resolve, and then running in to a bug that caused it to be delayed. Shoot, I've run in to situations in software releases like that, too. And I was the one who was making the decision about what would be included and what could wait. It's certainly frustrating, but I'd suggest the difference between non-TruePlay and TruePlayed speakers is not a life changing event, it's an adjustment. And frankly, all Android users don't have the ability to do it at all.

Do I want it out ASAP, sure I do. But I also recognize that software releases are frequently not as easy to QA and release as we, the public, want. I just moved a pair of speakers, and want to TruePlay them. But I can wait, it's a rather minor annoyance.

Well said
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
And now wait for the overly self-entitled to complain that is is now available.
Update for 10/4 days that Sonos 8.0 update enabled trueplay tuning via iOS 11, but my iPhone 8 Plus says it’s not available for my device still. Is there another update coming soon to enable it for the iPhone 8 series?
Fixed for me IOS 11.0.1 and SONOS Version: 8.0 (build 371245270)
Hardware Version: 1.20.1.6-2
Update for 10/4 days that Sonos 8.0 update enabled trueplay tuning via iOS 11, but my iPhone 8 Plus says it’s not available for my device still. Is there another update coming soon to enable it for the iPhone 8 series?

Same problem here, also with an iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 11.0.2 and with the 8.0 version of the Sonos app. I get the “Trueplay tuning is not yet supported for this device.” error.
iPhone 8 Plus here as well running the latest OS update. It says it's unavailable for my device despite the support in this thread indicating otherwise. The FAQ page about tuning states otherwise as well.
iPhone 8 Plus here as well running the latest OS update. It says it's unavailable for my device despite the support in this thread indicating otherwise. The FAQ page about tuning states otherwise as well.

Same here. Have an iPhone 8 (iOS 11.1 and latest Sonos controller) and get the message “ Trueplay timing is not yet supported for this iPhone.”
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Same here. Have an iPhone 8 (iOS 11.1 and latest Sonos controller) and get the message “ Trueplay timing is not yet supported for this iPhone.”

This is correct. The latest software update has support for iOS 11 for Trueplay, but we're still working out the last details on the hardware side for the newest iPhones. It'll be ready soon, we'll make sure to let you know what it's ready.
I have an iPad Pro and iPhone 7+ - Trueplay does not show up as an option on my app for either of my rooms.
Using iOS 11.02, iPhone 7 Plus, Sonos App 8.0. Open up Sonos, Click on three dots labeled "more" at bottom of screen, Click on Settings, Room Settings, {name of room}, the top two items on that screen are "TruePlay Tuning (on or off), and Retune. Ah, I have a room that I need to tune, the first thing on that page is TruePlay Tuning.

Is this not your experience?
That is not my experience - Trueplay does not show up at all
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
That is not my experience - Trueplay does not show up at all

I am also using an iPhone 7+ running iOS 11. As stated by Airgetlam, I can confirm the same instruction for me to retune my TruePlay. Following the instruction, can you show use a screen shot where TruePlay should be at?
IOS 11.0.1 - Sonos V8

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
IOS 11.0.1 - Sonos V8

Oh that is wierd, TruePlay should be working fully since Oct 4 for iOS 11. Hopefully, an employee will be able to see this post ASAP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Oh that is wierd, TruePlay should be working fully since Oct 4 for iOS 11. Hopefully, an employee will be able to see this post ASAP.
The reason it's not showing up is due to that "?" where SUB should be. Looks like the player might have dropped or is having trouble. Can you restart the SUB and see if it's showing up again there?

Once all of the players as part of that room as listed fine, you'll see Trueplay again.