Answered

IOS 11 and TruePlay

• 20 September 2017
  • 97 replies

After updating to IOS 11 TruePlay doesn’t work!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 September 2017, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

97 replies

Any news on this yet? I can't use Trueplay on my iPhone X on IOS 11.

Assuming it is in beta testing, you will not hear anything about it until it is publicly released. Betas are carefully protected by a strict NDA. Given that, history says you can take utter silence on the matter as a positive sign.
Any news on this yet? I can't use Trueplay on my iPhone X on IOS 11.
I'm using my old iPhone 5 running 10.3 and it isn't an option, Also not an option using my windows laptop.
In Sept the iOS 11 certification was “coming soon” 3 months for this still not to be certified and working on the new OS is not “soon”. What’s the estimated release?
Any ETA when support for the new iphones are available? iPhone 8/X
I am using an iPhone 8 Plus

As stated earlier, support for iOS 11 is out except for new hardware (iPhone 8 and 😵, which will take a little longer to configure for Trueplay.
I am using an iPhone 8 Plus
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
As of 11/10/17 my iPhone devices running iOS 11 still doesn’t work.

What device are you running?
Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Edit: 10/4 As of Sonos 8.0 iOS 11 is working for Trueplay.

That is not completely accurate. On iPhone 8 plus it is still not working.

They mean version 8.0 of the Sonos app, not the iPhone 8.
As of 11/10/17 my iPhone devices running iOS 11 still doesn’t work.
Userlevel 2

Edit: 10/4 As of Sonos 8.0 iOS 11 is working for Trueplay.

That is not completely accurate. On iPhone 8 plus it is still not working.
Okay that's difficult I don't have any none ios11 equipment

IOS 11 is fine, it's only the iPhone 8 that is not ready yet.
Okay that's difficult I don't have any none ios11 equipment available
I would like to tune my new SONOS installation; when can I use the iPhone 8

Sonos has to calibrate for the new hardware in the iPhone 8. It will be here soon. In the meantime, Trueplay is available on any other iOS device and will give you the same results.
I would like to tune my new SONOS installation; when can I use the iPhone 8
IPhone 8 / iOS 11.0.2 / Sonos Play 5 - Sonos app tells me iPhone is not supported. Can anybody advise?
I had to reset the entire system a couple of times before it would start recognizing all the parts. Once it was all reset I was able to balance - finally.
Beat me to it, Ryan. That "?" was a glaring thing to see 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Oh that is wierd, TruePlay should be working fully since Oct 4 for iOS 11. Hopefully, an employee will be able to see this post ASAP.
The reason it's not showing up is due to that "?" where SUB should be. Looks like the player might have dropped or is having trouble. Can you restart the SUB and see if it's showing up again there?

Once all of the players as part of that room as listed fine, you'll see Trueplay again.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
IOS 11.0.1 - Sonos V8

Oh that is wierd, TruePlay should be working fully since Oct 4 for iOS 11. Hopefully, an employee will be able to see this post ASAP.
IOS 11.0.1 - Sonos V8

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
That is not my experience - Trueplay does not show up at all

I am also using an iPhone 7+ running iOS 11. As stated by Airgetlam, I can confirm the same instruction for me to retune my TruePlay. Following the instruction, can you show use a screen shot where TruePlay should be at?
That is not my experience - Trueplay does not show up at all
Using iOS 11.02, iPhone 7 Plus, Sonos App 8.0. Open up Sonos, Click on three dots labeled "more" at bottom of screen, Click on Settings, Room Settings, {name of room}, the top two items on that screen are "TruePlay Tuning (on or off), and Retune. Ah, I have a room that I need to tune, the first thing on that page is TruePlay Tuning.

Is this not your experience?
I have an iPad Pro and iPhone 7+ - Trueplay does not show up as an option on my app for either of my rooms.