Answered

IOS 10

• 20 September 2016
  • 12 replies

Hi, i have upgraded to iPhone 7 recently. Understand that i cannot perform True Tuning due to iPhone7/IOS 10 is currently not supported yet. May i know if there is a software update coming soon? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 14 December 2016, 19:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Have you tried doing it and found this to be the case?
yes. tried and a msg said its doesn't support iPhone 7/ios 10
Badge
I have iOS 10 on my iPad and it works ok on that (not much help to you I know)
Hopefully someone from Sonos will have a better answer soon.
So could the issue be the iPhone 7? Or IOS 10?
From an earlier reply, the 7 phone it looks like. Borrow an older one and do the tuning; it is a one time thing unless you relocate the speaker. And you can still toggle it on/off from the new phone, I am pretty sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
My guess is that Sonos needs to ensure that the microphone in the iPhone 7 has the same consistent performance as the microphones in the past iPhone models. So they'll probably test over a variety of devices over a range of time before enabling the iPhone 7 to be able to perform TruePlay tuning.
Badge
I'd like to share a related issue to the original iOS10 question: After updating iOS10 on my devices (iPhone5 and iPAD) - and updating Sonos app - it's not possible to get access to music services like Spotify or Deezer and choosing radiostations is not possible either. On iMac with Yosemite in same network everything still works. iPhone7 with iOS9.x was still working fine too. Who knows a workaround for this issue (error 1101)?
Badge
iOS 10 working fine for me so maybe not an iOS issue
Badge
I think that you're right @Bezzer! Meanwhile I've found in another forum discussion the suggestion to change the DNS on the WiFi settings on the device into f.e. 8.8.8.8 (overwriting the exsisting values and this works. TuneIN, Deezer and Spotify are accessible again from both iPhone and iPad. It seems to be an internet provider/modem issue (Ziggo)
Hepoika

you are right
make dns 8.8.8.8
and sonos app works fine.
i had the same problem. also ziggo
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Great news everyone, the Sonos app on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are now able to run Trueplay tuning on Sonos. You don't need to make any special updates either. So long as your system is updated to Sonos version 7.0 you'll now be able to run Trueplay tuning. Also, with version 7.0 we added support for home theater tuning. So you can now tune your PLAYBARs too.