Answered

iOS 10.3 App - Cannot access Room Settings

• 20 July 2019
  • 4 replies

I am using an iPhone 7 running iOS 12.3.1 and Sonos app 10.3.

When I select Room Settings within the Settings menu, I receive the spinning wheel suggesting a wait is required and nothing appears for me to select.

I went to my Mac desktop controller and noticed that the full Room Settings menu has been removed and I can only change EQ.

I want to change the location of a speaker and need to rename it and run Trueplay.

Is there a known bug in 10.3?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 July 2019, 11:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hmm, it's working for me just fine, on iOS 12.3.1 and Sonos controller 10.3.

Have you checked to see if there may be an update for your speakers? The only reason I can think of that you wouldn't be able to reach that area on iOS was if there was a mismatch between the controller version and the speaker's firmware version.
Everything is at the latest versions - no updates available on speakers or controller.

The Room Settings feature re-appeared a couple of hours after my post above, but every so often I get the spinning wheel and nothing to select. Could it be a network issue?

My setup has one wired speaker and the rest all use the SonosNet mesh network. It has been this way since first installation in 2012. I didn't convert to use my wifi network when this option became available as it was already busy (more busy now the kids are older!) and I didn't want to saturate it.

I believe the desktop controllers should have full functionality restored as a fall-back. I appreciate it is not a function that gets used very often, but when you need to use it - you should have no problems doing so!
alcester,

There have been some System outages over the last few days reported on the Sonos Status Page.. it might be that, perhaps?

I think all should be working at the moment, but problems have been intermittent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
There are a few Room Settings that use the Sonos Cloud APi (eg max volume for some curious reason) so if the API is down, the app wont be able to do anything. Most settings (eg name of device) use the local LAN API so don't care.