Integrate Playbase with Google Home

• 11 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi, Just received my Playbase and I have it hooked with my two Play 1 speakers for surround sound. I bought Chromecast Audio so I could integrate Playbase with my Google Home, but there doesn't seem to be a line-in. I thought Playbase was able to integrate with Home. Maybe I was wrong. If not, does anyone know how to integrate Playbase with Google Home?
Thanks, Kenny

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi KennyL,

Welcome to the Sonos Community. There is no way to currently integrate a PLAYBASE with Google Home for the reason you mentioned. The PLAYBASE does not have a Line-In port, and there is no way to natively make the PLAYBASE work with Google Home. Only the CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP and PLAY:5 work with Google Home currently. However, in the coming months, Sonos will be compatible with Alexa enabled devices.
Omar H. Great to hear about the upcoming Alex-enabled devices... quick two questions.

Will this compatibility come for Google Home? I have three Google Homes. I am able to cast them on to my Sonos-connected TV, but hope to someday be able to call it to just the speaker.

Will new hardware be required? I have two play ones and a Playbase. Thanks!
Badge
The only way I have google home ...KInda working with my playbar is ....I have my TV with a chromecast. I can tell google home to play my spotify music on my Livingroom TV. It then tuns on the tv and plays my music ( a play list if I want) through my playbar and sub with rear play ones. Works OK. I can turn up or down the volume as well. I can't play to other sonos that I have but not a big deal right now.