Welcome to Controllers & software

Talk about our Sonos Controller apps for mobile, and desktop apps.

11349 Topics

Mac Control

When will Desktop Controller Software be available for a mac? Assuming that the documentation suggested fully mac compatible, I assumed this was already true. This would definitely help enhance the...

MP3 ID Tag modification

Hi all, I'm trying to download Album Art and running into trouble. One of the apps I found from here (iART) GPFs each time I open it. I've tried it on XP, NT, 2k and 98 and it dies at the same point...

External Control of Sonos

Is there a way to control the Sonos system via an IR system or better yet 232 control or even IP control from a Crestron or AMX system. This would be the Icing on the cake. We have a client that is bu...

Communicating SONOS developments

Rather than discover future planned developments of the SONOS product via questions asked in the forums, could you provide an area in support that proactively informs customers of future product devel...

Changing the order of tracks in the queue?

Does anyone know if the controller supports changing the order of tracks in the queue? I downloaded and read the user guide and doesn't say anything about changing the order of tracks. If this is no...

curious remote and battery

The only thing that is keeping me from pulling the trigger on what I think is a long awaited product that looks stunning, is the remote. Don't me wrong, the remote is simply the best piece of this sy...

Album Art: Why the 500px Limit?

As outlined in another post, why is there a limit to the album art pixel size? (500 x 500px) Turns out that half of my 20,000 album art tags exceed this limit (barely) and seem strange that sonos wou...

Multiple controllers

How does the system handle multiple controllers? Is this possible? Thanks, Marc

Album Art

There were a few posts here on album art. I though I would post link to this app originally designed to help MCE users... http://www.avsoft.nl/artfixer it is a good little app not as powerful as o...

Is Slowish Scrolling Fixed?

THere were some comments on othere threads that the scroll wheel was a little slow for people with large (20k+) collections. It sounded like Sonos was working on tweaking this. How is this coming al...

Flashing Lights?

Any idea why the lights on my handheld unit are now flashing in a dark room? I was originally told by tech support that that would happen until I received an automatic software update. Sure enough,...

Blinking ZoneController Lights?

Last night I picked up the ZoneController in my bedroom to put something on. It started blinking, I noticed that battery life was down to 1/4 so I plugged it in thinking the blinking was related. It...

Controller Locked Up

My controller locked up. Is there a soft reset?

Linux as the OS - interesting

I just came across this and found it interesting - info on Linux as the Sonos OS, potential licensing of Sonosnet for general wireless use, and bridging two computers using wired ports on ZPs. http:/...

A couple of desktop controller issues

Ran into a bug today with the desktop controller - if a file has improperly formatted album art the controller app crashes. The handheld controller didn't have a problem, just displayed the default al...

PC Control

Quick ? on PC Control. If I have multiple ZP scattered around the house and multiple PCs, can any PC control any ZP? Thanks.

Sonos - The Ipod of Home Audio Distribution

Just a word of thanks to all the engineers and geeks that got Sonos rolling. The interface is great. The manuals were well written. And most of all, the system was so easy to setup. I got it today...

Navigating large music collections

Is there any way to quickly skip to different letters of the alphabet when going through the artist or album lists? The scroll wheel is pretty slow. How about some buttons to skip by first letter of...

Is the web interface skinable?

I am waiting for my system to arrive currently.. The reson for the question is I have some old 15" ELO touchscreen monitors. Combine those with cheap old pc's and you have a wallmount touchpanel inter...

Any way to reset a controller?

One of my controllers seems to be hung. None of the buttons work, but it does display the current track playing (controlled by another controller). Is there some key sequence to reset it? Or should...

Wow! Now that's customer service!

I had a problem with one of my controllers when it arrived this morning. I sent a customer service request on the web site and got a call from Chris within the hour. After being in the computer indu...

Sonos makes a TV appearance

My wife is a fan of the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy show. A little while ago, i walked into the room while she was watching and did a double take when I saw a Sonos controller on the screen. One...

Mac OS controller functionality?

I just noticed (in the screen shots on the web site) that the PC software lets you control the ZonePlayers just like a wireless controller. I also noticed that the Mac software does not, but only lets...

Upgradeable??

Will these systems be upgradeable when new file formats come out or new functionality is developed by Sonos?

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings