Increase alarm Duration

• 1 January 2013
  • 4 replies

I use a Sonos at work and would like the alarm to turn the unit on for 8hrs, but the duration is only 2hrs max. So I have to set an alarm to turn it on and another to turn it off. It never works right. It would be easier if you could just increase the alarm duration to include up to 12 or more hrs.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
You can. Make an alarm with no duration (endless) Make another with soundlevel zero after the 8 hrs duration
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Sry, thats what you do, well I think you are right then, more choises makes it easier
I use a White Noise recording to help me sleep and you need 8 hours at least.  I have tried multiple alarms with a 1 minute overlap but still when the alarm goes to the next alarm you have a slow volume up and this impacts the White Noise and wakes me up.  This should be an easy fix Sonos! 
Badge
I use a Sonos at work and would like the alarm to turn the unit on for 8hrs, but the duration is only 2hrs max. So I have to set an alarm to turn it on and another to turn it off. It never works right. It would be easier if you could just increase the alarm duration to include up to 12 or more hrs.

I completely agree. Also I would like to see the system allow you to setup single chimes for break reminders during the day.