Answered

Incompatible Software Versions

• 29 August 2021
  • 7 replies

I am using Sonos S1 app, and trying to change the SonosNet Channel.  It is all greyed-out.  When I tap, I get the message: Incompatible Software Versions (The version of the app you’re using isn’t compatible with your Sonos system, so some settings have been disabled).

I have previously been able to do this.  What is going on?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 29 August 2021, 09:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does your phone conform to minimum Sonos standards? Take a look here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4875

Ah, thank you.  My phone has Android 7.  I have been able to change the channel using my wife’s phone.

Thanks again.

I am getting the same error message. Can't add new Sonos products because of it.

I am running on an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 15

:tired_face:

I get the same message on iPhone 12 with the latest os. 

Can I suggest to both of you recent posters that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of getting the error message, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This was briefly broken in 11.2.11. Fixed in 11.2.12.

This was briefly broken in 11.2.11. Fixed in 11.2.12.

Thanks! I updated now, and it's indeed fixed in the latest version of the app.