Incessant upgrades!!!! MAKE IT AUTOMATIC!

• 15 June 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
I am over this BS! Do you know what it is like to have to be FORCED to do an upgrade on 6 (SIX!) sonos systems every week? Its never ending! JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT! If you are going to shut down features to force your customers to upgrade, then you should make it happen in the background.

I don't want to have to deal with this, It disrupts my day! I have 6 sonos systems, home and 5 offices between my husband and me. This update struggle is so annoying.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Every week?
Are you kidding?
Just don't update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Such a charming post. It doesn't even make sense. Make it automatic?
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Boo HOO.....
Are you on the beta program? I’m not and its been months between updates for me. And you can always ignore them. Just because there is an update doesn’t mean you have to apply it.
Userlevel 2
You can ignore them. But Sonos shuts off features to force you to upgrade.
Userlevel 2
@bockerjv, Automatic isn't a hard word. It means that there should be an option to let Sonos do all of these updates automatically. (Sorry) All by itself, without interruption to the user.
It doesn’t force you to do anything. I have a set in my RV and just got back from a two week trip. I got the notifications that there was an update and ignored it without a problem for days until I got home yesterday. Everything conitinued to function perfectly.
Userlevel 2
BCM, try adding a music service. A speaker. A favorite station. Sonos says NO. Until you upgrade.
BCM, try adding a music service. A speaker. A favorite station. Sonos says NO. Until you upgrade.

Only if you have already done the upgrade on the Sonos hardware or your mobile device(s), which often happens of you have automatic upgrades turned on on your mobile device(s). If all devices and Sonos are on the same version, you can freeze it there and use it to your heart's content. Turn off upgrade announcements on the Sonos app and turn off automatic upgrades on your mobile devices.