I would like the IOS app to not start up my NAS drive every time I start the app

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Shockingly bad design and not good for my NAS drive that the app always starts on the My Sonos page and so tries to load the artwork for my library playlists.

I would like to revert back to the previous version please but don't know how.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Where can I put an official complaint in to Sonos please. I've tried support but got no reply yes (OK it's early days I know) but I am still livid about this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi JohnG, I've passed along what you're seeing. Thanks for sharing! I'll make sure it gets in the hands of the right team.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Thanks
Nothing will come of this. Sonos do not listen to their customers any more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
While I can't say what will happen about this particular issue, I assure you, we are listening. After all, that's why the team and I are here
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Forgive me but I don’t fully understand the issue? If i go to ‘Browse’, ‘Rooms’ or ‘Search’ via the menu on my iPad, then close (or force close) the app; re-opening the app just takes me back to where I was, and not to ‘My Sonos’. What am I missing?
Ryan, you do a great job of responding to all on this forum and I give you credit for that. But we all know that with Alexa going live and any forthcoming development of that and the latest retrograde in the UI that the team will be flat out for a year trying to sort it all out. Especially as the competition in the smart speaker market is hotting up right now. You used to be the Kings and as a customer for nearly 15 years it saddens me that you seem to be all over the place with the UI software and implementation of new technology.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
Maybe because people have moaned for so long about voice integration and Sonos have implemented it which I would imagine is a massive job amongst all the systems out there, there are bound to be teething problems.

Then when Alexa went live again people berate Sonos because it's not perfect, so what are they supposed to do?.

As far as I can see the update to 8.0 is all about Alexa integration.

Sitting here listening to Deezer on v7.4 as far as I can see it works perfectly well and couldn't be happier with Sonos as a whole.
Update to 8.0 is not all about Alexa integration, keep up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
There are several different software teams here, each with specific focuses, so while the Alexa team is definitely going to be hard at work adding features and refining the experience with the Amazon team, we have people on other projects as well. They're designing hardware, fixing bugs, developing the app, and all sorts of other fun tasks. I can't say if there is a specific issue here for them to investigate, but definitely something to look into.

I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
Forgive me but I don’t fully understand the issue? If i go to ‘Browse’, ‘Rooms’ or ‘Search’ via the menu on my iPad, then close (or force close) the app; re-opening the app just takes me back to where I was, and not to ‘My Sonos’. What am I missing?

I open the app which opens in the My Sonos page. This causes my NAS drive to start up even though I only wanted to listen to radio stations.

The My Sonos page only lists a few of my favourite radio stations so I then have to click on See All. This then takes me to my full list of favourite radio stations.

If I then close the app completely, the next time I open it, it goes to the My Sonos page, which causes my NAS drive to start up again and then I have to click See All again in order to go to the radio stations...... and so on and so on
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Ah, I understand. My main usage is almost all Deezer, and mainly just browsing and searching. I don’t use MySonos but can see what you mean now — thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I don’t have a NAS but is it possible to remove it from MySonos with the Edit button? That way you can still get to your radio stations via MySonos, but will have to select ‘Browse’ to view the songs on your NAS?
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
I don’t have a NAS but is it possible to remove it from MySonos with the Edit button? That way you can still get to your radio stations via MySonos, but will have to select ‘Browse’ to view the songs on your NAS?

Sadly not because the Sonos Playlists that I’ve created for my FLAC music are only visible here and if I removed them I’d lose them completely. The Browse option doesn’t give me my playlists