I'm switching to Pandora/Airplay rather than Sonos App

• 7 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I generally listen to Pandora. 

2 deficiencies in the Sonos App have led me to abandon it in favor of Airplay:

1. Inability to play on my Mac speakers (which is nuts!) 
  2. Lack of Thumbs up/down support for Pandora on Apple Watch “lyd” app. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sonos controller for the Mac controls music for Sonos speakers, not Mac speakers. If you want to listen to Pandora through your Mac speakers, use the Pandora desktop app.

Badge +4

The Sonos controller for the Mac controls music for Sonos speakers, not Mac speakers. If you want to listen to Pandora through your Mac speakers, use the Pandora desktop app.

I understand that, but it should also be able to play through the mac speakers, even if not simultaneously with other sonos speakers. The app should be for “playing music” not about “controlling Sonos speakers”. Granted it would need to use different technology to play through the mac, but that could be handled through the app under the hood. I think this deficiency is because the app to product-focused rather than user-focused.

But since Pandora can play on both the mac and sonos, I am abandoning the sonos app. :( 

The Sonos app is merely a remote control, rather than a media player.