I can't update my sonos desktop controller because i've forgotten my password. I've reset the password online but this doesn't work.

• 20 May 2015
  • 3 replies

I can't update my sonos desktop controller because i've forgotten my password. I've reset the password online but this still doesn't work. tearing my hair out!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi User535831,

can you please clarify where you are prompted for a password?

The Sonos controller app itself doesn't require a password, only the individual music services do, e.g. Pandorra, Spotify etc.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi User535831,

On the SONOS Desktop Controller you are required to enter your password to install the Controller Update. This step is part of the computers security measures on both Windows and Mac OS X and is not related to your SONOS Account. For this process you would enter the password that you use to log into your computer and not your SONOS Account Password.

The product marked on this thread is 'Controller for Mac' so here is the information from Apple in regards to installing software on a Mac: Installing Software on Mac OS X.

Best regards!
I am soooooooooo tired of the flakeyness of this product. I LOVE the sound when it works but it is super unstable. I hate the dangling “connecting” message that inevitably results in having to shut everything down and then try again (over and OVER). Seriously frustrating and NEVER a reason for it to just decide to stop working. I have great wifi strength and today, again, cannot access my system. WHEN will SONOS fix this?