Question

Huawei y6 - sonos app dies

• 1 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi
My daughters Huawei Y6 pro running Android 5.1 has a problem simlar to one reported for Huawei y5: The sonos app seems to start up, showing introduction screen for a few seconds and then fades out and disappears. Reinstalling does not help. No error messages. What to do about it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hello dagkd, sorry for the late reply. Are you still experiencing issues with the Sonos controller app?
We also own Huawei Y6 Pro and Sonos app quits on startup. Same as dagkd describes.
We are on wireless 2,4ghz and upon pressing Sonos icon, the app starts with black screen and quits right after. No errors displayed. If wireless is off - the app displays the dialog for activating wireless. Upon activation it quits.

Please assist.
Hi SonosJesper

There is an issue with these particular Huawei y6 and y5 phones that ship with Android 5.1 and can't be upgraded to Android 6, this is due to a bug in the Huawei implementation of Android 5 on these devices which negates a certain android service which causes the Sonos application to crash (because the respective android service isn't there).

In the instances when the phone has allowed an update to Android 6 this has resolved the issue, however not all of them are update able to Android 6.0.

We have implemented a workaround for the bug in Huawei's Android implementation which should be in our next software update which is currently being tested.

Hope this helps
Hi Matt
We'll be looking for the update.
Thanks.
/Jesper
Great!!! The new version of Sonos works 🙂 I'm very happy about this since my kids have been used to sonos forever and have almost stopped playing music out loud since they got their Huawei phones. Tomorrow they will be back in business 🙂 !!:D