Question

How to turn off Wireless in case of a LAN connection

• 28 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi all, is there a way (automation) to disable WLAN of the speaker in case he have a LAN connection?
KR
Stephan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Nothing official, nothing that we can talk about here, and if it were to exist and you enable it, you will probably not be eligible for support on any issues that arise because of it. That being said, Google is your friend.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I fooled with turning off my Sonos WiFi links, found nothing was gained by the effort and didn't need the hassle of a non-supported system and turned it back on.

What is the issue you are trying to solve?
Hi, I have no issue but 80% of my speakers are connected to the LAN and I am interested to reduce "electric fields" any time if possible.
I think you need to re-read jgatie's post above. There's an unsupported by Sonos solution out there, and you can find it by searching using google fairly easily.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
yea pretty easy to find answer google "bsteiner disable sonos". We don't really like posting the answer here as its not supported or recommended by Sonos.