Answered

How to turn off Allow Incoming Connections message on Mac

• 26 July 2015
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
I am running OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 on my Mac.  In Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options, I have the following entry that allows incoming connections for Sonos:

However, every time that I start the Sonos Controller app, I get this message asking if I want Sonos to accept incoming connections.  How can I prevent this message from appearing every time?  Thanks

icon

Best answer by jTemplar 2 May 2017, 10:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Do you have two firewalls running? The built-in and a third party one, you can remove the plist for Sonos, restart the Sonos app. If that doesnt work, A final approach for addressing this problem is to reset the application firewall’s configuration and have OS X set it up from scratch: Go to the security system preferences and disable the application firewall Go to the Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences folder in the Finder Remove the file called “com.apple.alf.plist.” Restart your Mac When your Mac reboots, go back to the Security system preferences and re-enable the firewall, followed by again attempting to open the program that is causing the repeated firewall messages. When you do this, expect to see the same warning initially, but this should only happen once when OS X recreates the firewall configuration. Good luck!
Userlevel 1
Thank you for the response.  I tried all of the above, but it did not alleviate the problem.  The "accept incoming connection" still appears each time I start the Sonos app.

FYI that I do not have any 3rd party firewalls.  Also FYI that the com.apple.plist file was not in the location specified in your note.  It was under Macintosh HD > usr > libexec > Application Firewall.

If any other thoughts on how to fix this issue, pls let me know.  Thanks
Userlevel 3
Are you running any other inspection app like "Little Snitch"? I am stumped without checking your computer. I think its better you contact the professionals @ Sonos support, they can remotely access it and find out what is going on. Good luck!
Had the very same issue on El Capitan 10.11.6
I used the solution based on the info on this page: http://www.mikesel.info/fixed-do-you-want-the-application-itunes-app-to-accept-incoming-network-connections/
It appeared that 2 files were added to the Resources folder.
af4ec250-bc2a-4717-9fea-d8592737c721.storage
f486dd19-a6e7-44ff-be43-088ee3098b18.storage
Both zero bytes...
After removing those 2 files the "codesign -vvv /Applications/Sonos.app" came back with:
/Applications/Sonos.app: valid on disk
/Applications/Sonos.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement
many thanks this has been driving me mad for ages....
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I also had this issue so would like to add something which may help others.

The link posted above by @747driver to mikesel.info didn't work for me and I searched for 'the Resources folder' with no success, so with Sonos closed:

1. Open Terminal on your Mac and enter codesign -vvv /Applications/Sonos.app
2. Note names of the files which are causing the problem
3. Go to Finder | Applications | Sonos.app
4. Right click on the Sonos.app and select 'Show Package Contents'
5. Go to Contents | Resources
6. Delete the recalcitrant .storage files listed in Terminal

All should now be well.
Thanks, jTemplar, that solved it for me! Any ideas as to how the application got into this state?
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Thank also to jTemplar. This worked for me.