Question

How to sort the order of my Sonos Favorites?

• 12 October 2016
  • 11 replies

Badge
How to sort the order of my Sonos Favorites?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

They're in alphabetical order. Rename them to change the order, for example by prepending punctuation characters to force a specific order.
Badge
Good question, hope to see can drag and drop feature like in Logitech Media Server , to sort favorite songs in both desktop controller and phone.
Individual sort order would be nice as new feature!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Can't see it happening to be honest.

How many sort orders are there? Currently it's sorted alphabetically which makes absolute sense. Anything else will never be right because somebody will want it sorting by colour
Badge
Can't see it happening to be honest.

How many sort orders are there?

Pretty simple problem with a pretty simple solution. You allow sorting based on any property of the list items: source, genre, date added, times played, etc... See any other music player for an example ;)

Adding hierarchy and arbitrary ordering would be awesome too.

It really is an awesome implementation already. Being able to play/search all different sources of music is just bomb.
Yes, I would also want to order my favorites list manually by dragging and dropping them imanuslly n my preferred position in the list.
How do we see whether Sonos accros the idea and will work on it ? or rejects the idea ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
How do we see whether Sonos accros the idea and will work on it ? or rejects the idea ?

We KNOW that Sonos monitor these threads regularly and I'm quite sure they will pass the idea to the development team. If they were to respond to this thread this is what they would say:-

"Thankyou for the suggestion. we have passed it on to our development team"

But they won't tell you/us whether or not it's a "feature" that will or won't be worked on.
Badge
I think every self respecting firm that in its software package offers a list and I mean ANY list must have the option to sort it in any order and to stop people moaning that everybody wants another sort just have the option of dragging and dropping the items in any order one wants. It is that simple !
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the suggestion. We've forwarded a feature request to add sorting options to the favorites list. As Stuart_W mentioned, we don't comment on possible future products or features.

At this time you can rename your favorites in order to get them sorted the way you'd like. Adding a 1, 2, 3, scheme will help the lists change order.
Badge
At this time you can rename your favorites in order to get them sorted the way you'd like.

Amy update on this "feature?"

Also, what year is it?
Your solution is to _rename_ stations so that they sort properly?!
C'mon now guys. This is easy mode.