How to leave Private Beta

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,trying to leave Private Beta to try Public beta of the new controller, but no way to do so? Help Cheers Daivd

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

151 replies

Thanks, that was fast. Enjoying a new beta!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
All set Simen.
Anyone else who is having the same issue of not being able to leave the Private Beta, please submit a diagnostics report so I can find the account your Sonos system is registered to and get this corrected.  Make sure to reply to this thread with the confirmation number you recieve from the diagnostics.  

You can find instructions on submitting diagnostics on the following link:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142

Thanks!

Thanks. That was really really fast. Do you ever sleep 😉
It still says im in private beta. No change when i tried to sign out and sign in again.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi Simen,

I've corrected that now and enrolled you into the public beta.  You should now have an update available on your Sonos controllers.  

Let me know if you have any other issues!

Thanks,
Azur
Thanks. I logged in to my account and everything is ok there, but i have an update available in the controller on my phone but it says there is a problem analyzing the package. I tried to download the file to my samsung s2 from my account but that didnt work either. it said it couldnt read the file.
I updated the controller on my PC and it is now currently running version 5.0 so it worked fine on the computer but not on my cell.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi Simen,

Let's try uninstalling the Sonos app from your cell completely and re-installing from the link under your account.  You can uninstall by going to Settings -> Apps and tapping on the Sonos app.

If you see the same error, or you've already tried that, please go into Settings -> Security and uncheck 'Verify apps'.  

If both of the above fail, let's go ahead and restart your cell phone to see if that clears it up.  

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
Azur
I deleted it the app, downloaded the file from "your account" but i could not open it directly from the pull down menu on my phone, I had to go to the downloads folder on my phone and start the installation from there and then it worked like i charm, So now my system is up & running again.
Thank you so much for your help and patience. If it was up to me you would be up for a big, big raise.

Thanx again

Simen
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I'm glad I could help and that you're up and running!  Enjoy the new app :)

Thanks,
Azur
Me too please. Number is 3723673
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Me too please. Number is 3723673
All set.
Me too please - Number is 3825359
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Zippy,

Your account seems to be setup correctly.  Which beta are you trying to join?  The Public beta this thread was created for has been closed as the software has been released.

I would suggest emailing beta@sonos.com and letting them know which program you'd like to be a part of and what steps you need to take to join.

Thanks!

Please help me, I'd also like to leave the private beta - My diagnostic number is 3848278.
Please help me, I'd also like to leave the private beta - My diagnostic number is 3848278.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Roberto,

Please email beta@sonos.com for any questions related to any Sonos beta program.  The private beta this thread was created for is now closed.
Hi can you take me out of beta 6421365
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Hsiguy,

You can remove yourself from the beta by following the steps in this guide.

Hi Hsiguy,

You can remove yourself from the beta by following the steps in this guide.

thanks for the link however we cannot find the email account that has been used
Hi I'm having the same issue and want full functionality back on my iOS devise but can't find a way to leave beta
Hi I'm having the same issue and want full functionality back on my iOS devise but can't find a way to leave beta
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1707

I have followed this link and logged into beta and it says I'm not registered
Could you have multiple Sonos accounts? Go to the profile page of that account and compare the Sonos ID with the one you see in Settings/About My Sonos System in any Sonos controller app (Help/About for the Desktop Controller).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Doddsy,

Ratty is probably right in that your system may be registered to a different email than that which you are using to log in. Please send in a diagnostic report, reply with the confirmation number, and I'll check your registration information.