How to leave Private Beta

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,trying to leave Private Beta to try Public beta of the new controller, but no way to do so? Help Cheers Daivd

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

151 replies

Please take me out of private beta as well.

Diagnostic number is 

It works, thanks!
I cannot leave the private beta either. Diag number 3508040.

Thanks.
I cannot leave the private beta either. Diag number 
me too, please #3510632
Userlevel 2
I am also lock in a Private Beta, and would like to be removed to join the public controller beta. I have submitted a diagnostic. Confirmation# 3510980
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I am also lock in a Private Beta, and would like to be removed to join the public controller beta. I have submitted a diagnostic. Confirmation# 3510980
You're good to go Nathan.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi Roger,

Your account has been corrected as well.

Thanks,
Azur
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
@Rhys
There was a slight problem with the configuration on your account.  I'm looking into it and I'll let you know as soon as you can join the public beta!

Thanks,
Azur
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi, could you please remove me from private beta ? My diagnostic number is 3509691. Thanks
Hi Mathieu,

There was a slight problem with the configuration on your account.  I'm looking into it and I'll let you know as soon as you can join the public beta!

Thanks,
Azur
Locked into Private Beta as well, diagnostic report 3513401. Cheers
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same problem - locked in private beta...diagnostic report 3516517

Regards
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi, could you please remove me from private beta ? My diagnostic number is 3509691. Thanks
Hi Mathieu,

You are good to go now!

Thanks,
Azur
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi Rhys - you're all set!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Regards

You're all set Jens.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Locked into Private Beta as well, diagnostic report 3513401. Cheers
You are good to go now Steve.
Userlevel 1
Badge

Regards

Thank you so much!
Userlevel 1
Badge

Regards

...ok Nexus 7 - parsing error while downloading package 😞
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Regards

Hi Jens,

I suggest rebooting your Nexus 7 and then re-downloading the Sonos software.  If you still have the same error, please let me know!

Thanks,
Azur
Userlevel 1
Badge

Regards

Did that.
Downloaded again via Google Play (?) and updated afterwards - same problem when clicking the link. Maybe I should try the .apk file directly?
Userlevel 1
Badge

Regards

Installed via the apk file (26.1-75051a-1-11.apk) - installed ok, but it wants me to update?? And this is done by following a mail, that I don't receive... 😞
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Regards

Hi Jens,

Let's try unchecking the option for "Verify Apps" under Settings.  On the Nexus 7, go to Settings -> Security and uncheck Verify Apps.

Uninstall whichever version of the Sonos software you currently have installed, and download the new public beta software from the link provided on your account page.  

If you still have the same issue we may need to move this conversation to email to gather some more information.

Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge

Regards

Hi Azur..getting late in Denmark :-)

I did what you suggested...still it wants to be updated - it says so on the top link just above Sonos favourites. Clicking the update link - give me an option to a link - that should send me an e-mail....which I don't get.

Going to bed now...but will continue tomorrow :-)

Regards
Jens.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Regards

Hi Jens,

I'll send you an email with a few more things to try.  We'll get this figured out :)

Thanks,
Azur
Thanks.
Have a good day.
Badge +2
Anyone else who is having the same issue of not being able to leave the Private Beta, please submit a diagnostics report so I can find the account your Sonos system is registered to and get this corrected.  Make sure to reply to this thread with the confirmation number you recieve from the diagnostics.  

You can find instructions on submitting diagnostics on the following link:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142

Thanks!

Same here - diag # 3521507 ; hopefully it works as I've had trouble with diagnostics before.  
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Anyone else who is having the same issue of not being able to leave the Private Beta, please submit a diagnostics report so I can find the account your Sonos system is registered to and get this corrected.  Make sure to reply to this thread with the confirmation number you recieve from the diagnostics.  

You can find instructions on submitting diagnostics on the following link:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142

Thanks!

You're good to go Bryan.