How to find MAC Address or IP address of Sonos Connect in the App?

• 3 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I have 17 Sonos Connects in my rack. In my Ubiquiti UNIFI Controller I see all of the them listed. (I turned off WiFi on all of them and have them directly wired to my switch). I would like to name each Sonos Connect in my UNIFI controller with the corresponding room it goes to. Rather than going to the rack, and using the app to turn off the LED, find the Sonos Connect, fish it out to read the MAC address - then repeating that 16 more times... Can I just go into the app, select the room, and find the MAC address or IP address? Or any easier way? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That is easy to dig out of the "About My Sonos System" option found under Settings.

I was recently reminded that Sonos gear does not respond well to being accessed by name, it has to be done by IP address which is a real pain but apparently it prevents a DNS based attack.

You may find that if you specify a reserved/static IP for each Sonos device you have fewer stability problems and glitches during upgrades.
Badge +1
Exactly what I needed. Thanks!