Question

How to Equalize Volume in all Songs Within Sonos Playlist

• 27 July 2019
  • 0 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 22 replies
Hello: I have a desktop computer, use Google Chrome browser and Windows 7. I have the Sonos app located on my desktop. I download individual songs and put them into a folder located on my desktop as well and use VLC Media Player to play the songs.
I have created a number of playlists within my Sonos app but find that the songs, when playing my playlists, play at different volumes, some songs louder than others. As a result I often have to adjust the volume on the Play1 speaker because a song plays either too loud or too low.
I have gone into the tools, preferences, audio and filter section of my VLC Media Player and checked off "volume normalizer" but that has not made a difference.
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to solve this volume issue so that the playback songs within my Sonos playlists play at equal volume, thereby eliminating me having to either turn the volume up or down depending on whether a song is too loud or not loud enough during playback?
Appreciate any help in this matter, preferably from someone who has experienced the same issue and has solved it.
Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.