Answered

How to delete a (duplicate) Sonos account

• 3 November 2016
  • 15 replies

I find I have two Sonos profile accounts (two e-mail addresses) and want to delete one of them.
I cannot find the "Delete account" function in the "My Account" area on Sonos.

Where is it?

/Wilm
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 24 July 2018, 19:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Badge +1
We can help with deleting your duplicate account.

[Post edited to remove inaccurate information.]
Hi I need to delete a duplicate sonos account also
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi I need to delete a duplicate sonos account also

Hi kmagu1, I'm happy to assist. Let's take this to a private message though so we don't have your email address publicly available. I'll send you a message in a moment. Go ahead and reply back there and we can look into this together.
I also need to delete a duplicate account.
The post before yours suggested that you give Ryan S a Private message, and he would help you take care of it.
I have recently tried setting up Sonos Play 1 speakers in my church cafe area. Been having some trouble. I'd to delete both of my accounts and just start over. Can you help?
Userlevel 7
I have recently tried setting up Sonos Play 1 speakers in my church cafe area. Been having some trouble. I'd to delete both of my accounts and just start over. Can you help?

Hi heypastormike

There's no need to delete your Sonos accounts. Make sure your church Wi-Fi has a different SSID and Password vs. the other Sonos setup. In fact as long as the Wi-Fi at both locations is different (SSID/Password) there is no need to have two accounts. If you still insist upon deleting your Sonos accounts you'll have to perform a factory a reset on all speakers unless you know which speakers belonged to which account and keep just the one you want. Note: Factory reset erasures all playlist lists as well as clearing Wi-Fi and/or Boost settings.

Depending upon what you decided above....at your church perform a factory reset on the speakers. Then reset the church router and modem. Wait until both come back. Setup your Sonos in boost (recommended) or Wi-Fi mode.

Please post back with your results. Cheers!

PS
Accounts refer to the email address you used to register the Sonos components.
Hi please can you delete my duplicate account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi gstclair92, we'll need some more details on what's going on. Mind sending me a private message by clicking on the message button? What type of account are you looking to delete? What email addresses are they under and any details about what sort of duplicate this is would be great to include in the message.
I need help with deleting my account
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Spurs2018. Please follow the advice above and DM me your information.
Hi gstclair92, we'll need some more details on what's going on. Mind sending me a private message by clicking on the message button? What type of account are you looking to delete? What email addresses are they under and any details about what sort of duplicate this is would be great to include in the message.
I have a duplicate account I want to delete also
jcknowles, I'd recommend reading the post just before yours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we've seen some new questions from this thread and I wanted to post here for anyone new to the discussion. To delete an existing Sonos account, you'll need to give us a call or contact the support team directly.

The community staff here is able to help remove duplicate community accounts, but if you have an extra Sonos account you want to edit, you'll need to contact the team on the phone, email, or social media (Facebook or Twitter).