Question

how to change password

• 26 November 2016
  • 1 reply

How to view and/or change my sonos password to update system

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

To my knowledge, there is no password used by Sonos software. They do use passwords on these boards for you account, but nit, to my recollection, in the software. So to update your speaker's firmware, open the app on whatever device you are using, then go to settings, and then select online updates. To update you app, you could go to whatever location you downloaded it from, i.e the App store, Google Play, etc.

Finally, if you downloaded the software from Sonos' website, and want to reset your password here, go to the link on the upper right that says "View my Profile" and select "Sign out" Then come back and try to log back in, and you'll be presented with a link to "recover my password" or some similar link, which is tied to you javinger email.

Or, I guess actually finally, you could PM one of the Sonos folks who frequent these boards, and wait for them to get back to you.