How to ask a question

• 8 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I don't want to start a new topic, but I can't figure out where to type in my question-- my Sonos on my apple desktop is telling me to do an update (seems to tell me this all the time). but I want to do it later. It doesnt look like theres a choice for that. what do I click if I want to do it later? Also, where is the button/setting (on desktop) to click to choose not to do autoupdates?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi sally1

Well...you just asked your question. LOL :D

Here's your answer: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/225?language=en_US

Cheers!
Thanks-- I can't find a "more" tab, or any advanced setting choice I have an apple desktop--I can't find anything like that-- There is a "Sonos" menu in top left corner but no choice for settings there, or "more..." And the Sonos app screen is only giving me one choice-- to do an update. Any other ways to get past this screen to play music now? sorry if this is stupid question-- I am not new to Sonos but new to this forum-- thank u! I'm so frustrated...been trying to figure this out for a while.
Userlevel 7
Thanks-- I can't find a "more" tab, or any advanced setting choice I have an apple desktop--I can't find anything like that-- There is a "Sonos" menu in top left corner but no choice for settings there, or "more..." And the Sonos app screen is only giving me one choice-- to do an update. Any other ways to get past this screen to play music now? sorry if this is stupid question-- I am not new to Sonos but new to this forum-- thank u! I'm so frustrated...been trying to figure this out for a while.

Did you click the link I gave? Scroll down to the section regarding Mac and PC. To your question the "More" tab is found on the Now Playing Screen in the lower right corner of the Sonos App on a iOS or Android device.
Thanks for helping, yes I did click your link and read the whole thing-- I guess it's a chicken and egg problem..I can't get past the Sonos screen forcing me to do an update-- theres no "now playing" or more choice.. only choice it to do update --no way to get past this screen. no where to click to do it later.. Oh well... thank you!
Userlevel 7
OK...

Is the reason you don't want to do the update because your Mac OS is no longer supported by Sonos (i.e. meets minimum requirements)?