Answered

How do I sort Pandora alphabetically?

• 14 November 2017
  • 67 replies

Userlevel 3
I just ran the most recent update of the controller on Mac (version 8.2, build 39247040). I notice that Pandora created a new subfolder of "My Stations" and inside of that, my stations are sorted by date most recently played. I'm sure that was requested by some users, but is of no use at all to me. I want to browse channels alphabetically as it has been. Is that a preference I can change or is this the new sort order we all have to use now?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 16 March 2018, 21:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

67 replies

Userlevel 1
Same! I prefer "My Stations" to be listed alphabetically. How do I do this?
I prefer the recently-played sort, but I agree an alpa-sort should be available. Can't see how to change it either.
Userlevel 1
Yes, Please put this back to how it was, or preferably give me an option of how to sort it so everyone can be happy.
Userlevel 3
I agree. I have the same issue now. I also don't know what purpose the new subfolder serves, other than adding more clicks to reach the music.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Agreed, please Sonos either give us sort options or put it back the old way.
Sonos, please get on this! Alohabetical sort is needed!
Sonos support team with another inept update.
Please bring alphabetical sorting back -- ideally we have as consistent a user experience, at least in terms of capabilities, across all platforms. I access Pandora from my Sonos, laptop, and mobile.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Come on Sonos, quit breaking things that don't need fixing. Rewriting the UI just to keep your programmers busy is a waist of OUR time! I want Pandora to continue to list my stations alphabetically. That and now Pandora has lost the options for "tired of this station" and more! Who runs this company now, Amazon, Pandora, and Spotify or Sonos?
Userlevel 1
Just adding my voice to the choir. Also HATE the new interface
Userlevel 1
+1: need Pandora alphabetical station sort

This is one of the worst UIs I've ever seen. I have no idea what's a button any more and what's not. There's no easy way to get to a "home" screen and start navigation over. Ugh.
Userlevel 1
Badge
agreed. really want to sort alphabetically as it was, not by date. it wasn't broken, why did you "fix" it. if you wanted to add date organization, it should have been in addition to alphabetical organization. you should have dual capability: sort by date OR alphabetically--whichever is your preference
Badge
Agreed...alpha sort was the best part of Sonos!
Userlevel 1
Hi everyone, I submitted a ticket with Sonos technical support and received the reply below. Hope you find it helpful. - Andy
==
Message from Sonos technical support:

I understand that you are having some issues with finding your music in Pandora. So Pandora recently updated what they give us to include in the app and unfortunately that includes the inability to organize the station alphabetically. This is something that is out of our control and something that Pandora decides and controls. With this change though they have allowed Pandora listeners to control Sonos directly from their app which does allow you to organize them alphabetically. Simply download the latest version of the Pandora app, start a station and hit the "cast" button to play to your Sonos speakers. Here is a guide about this new feature. https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64/kw/pandora
Badge +2
I just ran the most recent update of the controller on Mac (version 8.2, build 39247040). I notice that Pandora created a new subfolder of "My Stations" and inside of that, my stations are sorted by date most recently played. I'm sure that was requested by some users, but is of no use at all to me. I want to browse channels alphabetically as it has been. Is that a preference I can change or is this the new sort order we all have to use now?

Same issue on Android (since the most recent Sonos update which also temporarily broke the thumbs up/down feature). The order on Sonos doesn't match what I have on Pandora. Pandora has feature to sort by most recent, or alphabetically. That is not reflected in Sonos, nor does there appear to be a way to resort on Sonos?
Badge +2
Hi everyone, I submitted a ticket with Sonos technical support and received the reply below. Hope you find it helpful. - Andy
==
Message from Sonos technical support:

I understand that you are having some issues with finding your music in Pandora. So Pandora recently updated what they give us to include in the app and unfortunately that includes the inability to organize the station alphabetically. This is something that is out of our control and something that Pandora decides and controls. With this change though they have allowed Pandora listeners to control Sonos directly from their app which does allow you to organize them alphabetically. Simply download the latest version of the Pandora app, start a station and hit the "cast" button to play to your Sonos speakers. Here is a guide about this new feature. https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64/kw/pandora

But this still doesn't explain why the Sonus order doesn't reflect what is on Pandora? Or are we saying the two are completely decoupled now?
SONOS: I suggest YOU contact PANDORA and ask THEM to fix it! This is bull***it
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I just sent Pandora and email to let them know my displeasure and that if it continues longet than a month i will drop my subscription. I suggest everyone also do this. I am deep into a Sonos system with 20 plus speakers, and have several music services not to mention local media. I want everything in one place, my sonos app!!! Others like control from Spotify, Pandora, etc, great but dont tie me to it. Voice, great, i dont have any desire to use it. All these "advances" causing less and less enjoyment with Sonos is getting absurd!
Sonos, please get on this! Alohabetical sort is needed!
I want alphabetical sort back. This is stupid.
This such a pain. Bring back A-Z listing!
SO disappointed in you folks. Completely unusable! Hurry, or bye-bye.
Sorting the music by date is worthless to me, how moronic a customer interface that you don't have a choice to alphabetize. Sonos and Pandora, change this!
I am also very disappointed that, it appears, Pandora is not allowing Sonos to sort stations alphabetically and requiring an additional click in order to drive users to the Pandora app and away from the Sonos app. This is probably designed to make it more difficult or inconvenient for users to access other music services and to drive traffic to the content on the Pandora app. This appears to be a strongarm tactic that I would expect Sonos to stand against. Very disappointed in this change.
Amazingly useless update. Sad. Sonos, you’re usually on top of this. This needs to be changed now