How do i resolve Sonos S2 "The Sonos controller failed to install. The rest of the update cannot continue" Windows 10

• 17 May 2021
  • 4 replies

PC app on Win10 tried to update, now the app doesn't work and I keep getting this message when trying to update.   Yes, I restarted the PC twice already.  Same result.  Useless. 

I have spent way to much of my time trying to make this overpriced garbage work.  Its like a new bug infuriates me every day.  Stuff should update automatically and without me giving a care, and yet here I am seeking a resolution on Google, and complaining because and update has disabled the app completely!  

Sonos has ZERO quality control, and utter scorn and contempt to its customers.   When this trash finally expires, I will not be replacing it with Sonos.  Life's too short for crap.  Sonos is utter crap.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Do you want help or just a bad mouthed rant?

If its the former when did this start happening, anything changed on the PC?  Have you tried contacting Sonos directly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also, if you’ve had so many issues why is this the first time that you’ve posted here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

OP doesnt list their country, but I’m just going to throw this out there:

Userlevel 7

@UKMedia 

Also, if you’ve had so many issues why is this the first time that you’ve posted here?

The OP has been posting with similar complaints since 2019. Must be a “thing”  :thinking: