How do I end my account with Sonos??

• 27 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Received a Sonos Play:1. Looked into, can't use it. It's proprietary bs. Tried setting up but just get blinking amber light, factory resets, try again, try again... Don't have WiFi except for using Win 10 as a hotspot (PC hardwired to LAN)... One second my PC will 'see' it, then goes to amber, and fails to connect.

In any case, I would like my account deactivated and removed from any mailing lists. And is my name attached to the device, somehow? If so, can this be removed, as well? I plan to give the device away.

Also, constructive feedback, when the desktop app fails to connect, rather than making it impossible to exit the application short of killing the process via TM, maybe a exit button that actually works, or something like that, would be nice, rather than trying to force the user to continuously beat their head against a wall, with a 'Try again' button, and non functioning 'x', top right corner.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Before giving it away do a Factory Reset to clear all of your information out of the Play 1.

You can unsubscribe from the e-mails on Sonos.com in your profile settings.
Hardly 'proprietary BS'. The PC is not communicating correctly with its bridged WiFi clients. At a guess the Sonos controller is bound to the wired interface.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I'll have it 🙂