How do I download new Android Beta? (No e-mail received)

Userlevel 2
Badge
My Android controller informs me that there's a beta update available, but when I try to install it I get a message saying I should follow the instructions in an e-mail. I have received no e-mail, so cannot proceed. And before you ask, yes, I've checked my spam folder! There's a similar thread here, but the links given are for a previous version.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Some beta will be private and some will be public. Maybe depends on what your testing. Try and update from device, If you haven't received the email then I would presume that the version to be tested is not for you.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm aware of the public/private beta programmes. Coincidentally or not, I got an e-mail an hour or so after posting this, and I've now been able to update.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Great news. What beta version?
Userlevel 2
Badge
5.1 build 27279020. Not sure when this was released - I rarely use my Android phone and only checked today.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I would say you get the upgrade to the correct version dependant on what info required testing. The build numbers differ.... Have fun and keep submitting any bugs, you are helping other users by testing this out.
I also have no email received...how can i download the beta????? Help we can not play music
You have to join the Beta and after that the app will be available via an update. If you don't see an update button on the sources screen, you may have update alerts turned off. in that case, you must check for updates on the Settings menu. Instructions on how to join the Beta are linked in the Beta announcement on the Announcements page at the top of the forum.
Hi there - I have the same issue as the original post: signed up for beta (via app), but received no email. Now the controller keeps reminding me that there's an update, but only refers me to an email, which I never received.
Sign in here:

https://www.sonos.com/login/?ReturnUrl=%2fmyaccount%2fbeta%3f_ga%3d1.83247568.774090800.1454958331&_ga=1.83247568.774090800.1454958331

You can access beta software from the Downloads area.
This is an endless frustrating loop. I download the beta from the link listed above, uninstall current version, reinstall new downloaded version, 'update now' persists on the menu, which tells me to install from an email. Beta program isn't well managed it seems.
You have to update your firmware as well as the app. Also, complaining that a Beta program has a few kinks to be ironed out is quite ironic, considering ironing out kinks is the very purpose of a Beta program. Especially this one, which includes steps never taken before, such as reassigning account information and coordinating with 3rd party apps.
You have to update your firmware as well as the app. Also, complaining that a Beta program has a few kinks to be ironed out is quite ironic, considering ironing out kinks is the very purpose of a Beta program. Especially this one, which includes steps never taken before, such as reassigning account information and coordinating with 3rd party apps.
While I understand that this is a beta program, I was referring to the process of getting the beta application on my device, which typically isn't something that needs to be "ironed out" (at least in the many beta programs I've managed).

If anyone knows how to get the firmware upgrade, that would be very helpful considering it's not real apparent.
This particular beta was far more complicated in the install process due to the account modification and coordination with Spotify. It's usually smoother, but not without hiccups.
That's the strange part... I've had the Spotify sync feature for quite some time. It continues to say I have an update. Not too worried, just frustrating.