Answered

How do I change the groups I'm playing within the Sonos App?

• 15 August 2021
  • 8 replies

I have several different groups set up on my Sonos system (multiple Sonos Ones).   In the Sonos App, I would like to be able to select which group to play and/or to switch between groups (e.g. sometimes I want to play music in the living room, but nowhere else.   In short, I’m simply trying to figure out how to play music in different rooms at different times thru the Sonos App.  I assumed I could just switch the group that was playing, but I cannot make that work.)   Can someone tell me how?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 August 2021, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

This article should be helpful:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391?language=en_US

Thank you!

I have the same question How can I change the groups I'm playing within the Sonos App?

Click on the link to the article that GuitarSuperstar put in his answer for more information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It is quite staggering how such a basic function is not obvious to new customers. I assume these folks are using the app on a phone, and the larger screen of an iPad or desktop makes this very obvious. At least I think so!

It is quite staggering how such a basic function is not obvious to new customers. I assume these folks are using the app on a phone, and the larger screen of an iPad or desktop makes this very obvious. At least I think so!

You found it “staggering” that 2 people couldn’t figure it out in a world where blinking clocks on a microwave are a meme?  Or are you just using hyperbole to once against shill your stupid app?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You found it “staggering” that 2 people couldn’t figure it out in a world where blinking clocks on a microwave are a meme?  Or are you just using hyperbole to once against shill your stupid app?  

My app isn’t stupid thanks, and there is no shilling here. I am just genuinely surprised how hard the mobile Sonos app seems to be for folks. Seen similar confusion on the Sonos reddit.

Thank @ GuitarSuperstar  for the link. it was very helpful