Answered

How Do I Add to Queue?

• 5 August 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge
How can I put songs into the queue? I tried so many times in many different ways and nothing seems to work..
icon

Best answer by controlav 6 August 2018, 14:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Blade Runner That’s odd, try refreshing the Sonos app by closing it out and reopen it. Let me know if the issue still persists. Also, what music streaming services were you using when issue occurred?

Until recently everything I played showed in and remained in the queue. Now it’s empty and when I click to add something I get a “unable to save the queue” message. 

Thoughts?? Direction? Instruction? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
thanks, thought I’d see that when I opened the album, didn’t look at the triple dots menu on top. 😊
" Add to the end of the queue". That should do it.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I tried to add 2 albums from amazon music to the queue. If I go in an album it goes in the queue if I go into another album and hit play, it just replaces the first one. So is 5here no way to query multiple albums from amazon music?
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
How can I put songs into the queue? I tried so many times in many different ways and nothing seems to work..

Important to note that you'll have to learn whether individual "play" controls add-to, insert-into or replace the queue. And part of the Sonos design philosophy is that playback context is never taken into account, all options are available all the time (so, possibly counter-intuitively, you're offered the opportunity to insert into an "expired" queue when you expect the queue to be replaced). Just experiment and click on things, eventually you'll learn which buttons to press and which ones to avoid.
Badge
Controlav, Sorry for the spelling of your name
Badge
Thank you controlaba, that answered my question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
The simple answer is to click on things. The detailed answer depends on what kind of device you are running the app on, and what the source of the music is. Note that some items are simply not queue-able (eg radio stations).