Answered

How can I play my sonos library to the Iphone headphones?

• 29 March 2019
  • 4 replies

How can I play the songs from my sonos library to the headphones on the iPhone? If I'm in the garden and within wifi range I want to listen to the music that's not stored on the iPhone via the sonos app. The iPhone should just be another device connected to the sonos app
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 March 2019, 20:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

That would remove the need for anyone to purchase the speakers, which is the only place Sonos makes money. I see it as unlikely 🙂
Sonos won't do this, but depending on what you mean by "Sonos Library" there are ways to achieve what you want. I am assuming since you could easily stream music from iTunes, Spotify etc. to your iPhone, iPad to your headphones, that you must be talking about a stand alone music library that you are accessing through Sonos that is stored locally. If that is the case, one way to solve this is with a Synology NAS box. Sonos can see the music that is stored on the box and can play it to any speaker system. Then the added magic is that Synology has an IOS and Android app that will stream music from the box to your iPhone etc. You don't even have to be on your local network. You could be across town somewhere and still see your music through their app as long as you have a connection to the internet. The added plus here is that the NAS box can be setup in a raid fail safe configuration to protect your music library.
No, unfortunately, that's not the way the Sonos system was designed.

You could potentially get a CONNECT, and then put a bluetooth transmitter connected to the analog output, and send the signal to your iPhone headphones. But the controller on your iPhone is only a remote control, not an actual player. The player part is on the Sonos device (the speakers, the CONNECT).
Thanks for the quick reply, its a pity sonos can't 'drive' the headphones, something that they could consider as a future development in the app.
Dave