Question

Here's what I got. What else do I need to make my system fully functional?

• 3 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
I have a connect:amp, a good pair of non-wireless bookshelf speakers, a powered subwoofer, a MacBook Pro, and interned that has wi-fi or can be connected to directly. I'm burning about 200 CDs onto the computer. What other hardware do I need to connect everything into a functional system? The speakers and sub are brand new and replacing them isn't an option.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You actually have all you need. The bookshelf speakers and the powered sub all hook to the Connect:Amp. Install the Sonos application on your MacBook Pro and your phone. I assume all your burned CDs then reside on the MacBook pro. Only thing I would recommend is that having your CD rips only on your MacBook pro means you have to leave the MacBook on all the time for Sonos to access the music. I would invest in a cheap NAS (Seagate or western digital one's are only about $125-$150). Put a backup of all your music on the NAS (and can be used to backup all your documents and files as an advantage). Then point Sonos to the NAS to pull all your CDs from to play so you don't have to leave your MacBook always on.
Badge
Sweet! What kind of connection plugs work? Banana or just bare wire for the bookshelf speakers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Either work