Answered

Help! Zone Player 90 won't update

• 18 July 2018
  • 6 replies

My zone player 90 has not been updated in many years (house rented out for 6 years and I don't think tenant used it). My sonos app on my phone can connect to it and then checks for updates.....and hangs. I can't get further than this. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, I have tried updating from another device. I have switched it off and back on again but no luck so far. Can anyone help??
icon

Best answer by ratty 18 July 2018, 16:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Is the ZP90 wired to the network? If not, wire it temporarily. Is it the only Sonos component?

updating from another device
What device exactly?
Yes it is wired in to the router (BT hub). Its the only Sonos component, it plugs in to an amplifier and then to the roof speakers in another room. I tired updating from the sonos app on my iPhone, then from the sonos app on another iPhone in case the fault was with my phone. Unfortunately the plug on the sonos controller charging unit has been broken while the house has been rented so I cannot use it until I get that fixed.
When I go in to the router settings the Sonos ZP90 is showing as connected.
One could surmise that the app version is so different from the ZP's ancient firmware that the two are having trouble understanding one another. In similar situations it's been necessary to call Sonos Support. They can remote into the network, telnet into the ZP, and force it to update.

BTW if the Sonos controller charging unit you're referring to is for the CR100, be aware that support has ended. After updating, the system will no longer recognise it.
Thanks for your help, I will try contacting them and see if they can help then. I didn't realize that about the controller, thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ask them about the CR-100 controller rebate program too, it has ended but it is worth asking to see if you can get an exception based on your situation.