Hate this new app 8.0

• 6 October 2017
  • 90 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Just trying this new app on both android tablet and iPad. Still boring but now more difficult to use. Not intuitive or user friendly.
I didn't like the app before now I hate it more. SONOS you need to get better app designers. This app is the only thing that would put me off recommending sonos to all friends and family. HORRIBLE,HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. BORING colours, BORING design, BORING LAYOUT.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

90 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Are you guys using IOS, cause I just tried this swiping up and it doesn't work? On my android, I can only swipe down the now playing, there's no swipe up behavior.
No I do in fact swipe down on my Android, I just didn't think it worth picking up on that. For me the point was that I find it irritating to have to swipe at all. You can alternatively touch the down arrow top left
I have been using Sonos for over 10 years and have appreciated the upgrades. I also understand the need to innovate and change, but this is NOT a user friendly. Not sure what drove this change but Sales and Marketing totally missed it on this one. Please roll these changes back and give us a screen we can use!!! :@:@:@

Michajj1,
6 Sonos units in the house and not happy....
The new design does not work for me.... I really hate it. I've got 9 zones and been loyal since 2004. This app is so horrible I feel betrayed.

Fix this and play around on the Windows interface, that UI sucks anyway.

Bill_67 - Well said. To the User Community, stop the in-fighting, the egos and speculative answers about what the rationale was for the change. Let's focus on feedback to Sonos and getting a better user interface.
I've given this new app a real chance, and still find it unintuitive and cumbersome to use. It was far, far better before. Please revert.If you will excuse my asking, is your principal (or only) controller device a tablet or a phone?

I use multiple controllers. The terrible UI to which I refer is the Android phone + tablet and iOS tablet interfaces. The OS X app has not changed, and remains intuitive and good.
Userlevel 2
Nope... It's been a month and it still drives me bonkers everyday. Have had sonos for 7 years and this experience is driving me nuts... always been it's biggest fan...

The usual complaints when a new version is rolled out. It is different ergo it is hideous and wrong. I do so wonder how some people ever cope with the new BT tv remotes.
I can fumble around the interface and get where I need to get. My biggest frustration is the TV. I will switch my sonos surround sound system from TV audio to pandora o something else. There is no clean way that I can find to switch back to TV. The old UI had a TV button that allowed me to switch back easily. Am I missing something?
I’m with you, had Sonos for many years but this is definitely the worst design of the app. Not intuitive at all and every step takes much longer compared to what it was before. Bring back the previous version and improve from there....

Nope... It's been a month and it still drives me bonkers everyday. Have had sonos for 7 years and this experience is driving me nuts... always been it's biggest fan...”
Seriously what is going on with this new way of switching zones. I have 6 zones. For me to switch to a different zone, I have to tell the app to combine the current zone with the zone I want, then go back in and uncheck the old zone. If I don’t do that, it just always reverts back to the old zone. Is anyone else having this Issue?
Seriously what is going on with this new way of switching zones. I have 6 zones. For me to switch to a different zone, I have to tell the app to combine the current zone with the zone I want, then go back in and uncheck the old zone. If I don’t do that, it just always reverts back to the old zone. Is anyone else having this Issue?

That is not how you switch rooms, that is the quick grouping. To switch rooms, tap the Rooms tab. That will bring up a Rooms screen just like the last one.
My Sonos stops playing after about 30 min. I am very up set with SONOS. I will not buy the 5 speakers I was planning on buying for Christmas because SONOS can't get their act together and fix the problem. I have called numerous and absolutely no support. SONOS is a fraud!!!!

That is not how you switch rooms, that is the quick grouping. To switch rooms, tap the Rooms tab. That will bring up a Rooms screen just like the last one.

Ok. Got it. That makes sense. It would be nice if there was a label or something that said "grouping" or something. That's been killing me.
Now if someone can tell me how to switch from music (i.e. pandora) back to TV on my playbar...I'd be sitting pretty. Currently the only way to go back to my TV sound is to either turn the TV back on and off or change inputs....that is really frustrating as well...
Now if someone can tell me how to switch from music (i.e. pandora) back to TV on my playbar...I'd be sitting pretty. Currently the only way to go back to my TV sound is to either turn the TV back on and off or change inputs....that is really frustrating as well...

Browse tab, then TV.

Browse tab, then TV.

And all is safe for democracy. Bless you my friend.