Hardware volume buttons stops working

• 25 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12
  • Enthusiast II
  • 335 replies
This is since a fairly new update. Every now and then the hardware controls of Sonos on my iPad Mini 2 stops working and it happens even when there are no other Apps active on the iPad. Sonos is running all by itself. It usually happens if I pick up the iPad efter a while and wake it. Then for a short moment the iOS "Volume" icon (kind of half transparent with small quadratic dots indicating volume) appears and after that hardware control of Sonos cease to work.

My only "solution" so far seems to be to restart Sonos. Then it works again, for a while.
I would say this happens maybe one time out of five so it's pretty annoying.

Is this specific to iPad/iPad Mini 2 or is it a general bug?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, T-S. Is your iPad on iOS 11.4? The team is currently tracking a similar problem and are currently working with Apple to get a solution for this. At the moment, the only workaround is to use the volume slider.

If so, I will be sure to update this topic once we get more information to share. Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +12
Hi there, T-S. Is your iPad on iOS 11.4? The team is currently tracking a similar problem and are currently working with Apple to get a solution for this. At the moment, the only workaround is to use the volume slider.

If so, I will be sure to update this topic once we get more information to share. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.
No the version is latest iOS 12.1
But it's an iPad Mini2 so it's pretty old.