Guest access and airplay?

• 19 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I am wondering if the Airplay2 is a workaround for guests with iPhones to play music without having to download the Sonos app and/or connect to home's wifi?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Airplay requires being on the same network. At least, I’m not aware of any provision to play remotely, but maybe there’s a feature that’s not that well adverised. So for a guest to use airplay on your Sonos speakers, they’d need to be on your network.
So that means if I can give the guest my wifi access, then they don't have to download the app and mess around in the software? I'm thinking of using the Airplay like a push or casting (like Chromecast or Bluetooth ease of communication, but better Sonos service and speakers).
Yes, that should be the case. However, I'd take it one step further and have them use voice control. Or, the old fashion way of just telling me what you want to listen to.