Grouping speakers

• 22 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Good day, I have a very simple Sonos setup. Living room TV sound bar and 2 Sonos 3, kitchen a Sonos 5. I would like to have them grouped together most of the time and would like it to ‘default’ to this setup and remain until I decide to ungroup kitchen from living room. The system constantly ungroups and I have to regroup every time I switch on and also I have noticed when I switch from TV to music. Could you assist with this?

Many thanks
Steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Just Speakers shouldn't normally ungroup on their own but it can happen. No idea if the Sonos sound bar you have is doing the ungrouping when you switch to TV mode or not as I don't have one to play with.

My first suggestion would be to use your router's DHCP page to assign each Sonos device a reserved/static address. That will prevent the router from changing the addresses over time and will also avoid several other issues that seem to stem from that.

If it keeps happening look at your network matrix and see if it is showing any signal issues.

You could also submit a diagnostic to Sonos and post the number here, Sonos support will usually get back to you, not instantly though.
Thank you Stanley diagnostic submitted
Don't miss the fact that Stanley said to "post the number here". Unless you do so, or call in to Sonos with it, they likely won't look at it, since there's no way for them to know what they're looking for.
Yeah all done thank you Bruce
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
EFC - I'm not seeing your diagnostic number here either, did you call it in or post it to the Sonos Twitter?
It was posted via Messenger in the ended. Thanks for your assistance.