Question

Grouping Play 3 Speakers

• 17 February 2021
  • 1 reply

When I purchased my two Play 3 speakers, I was able to group them so one played in the lounge and the other in the kitchen. It seems I now need at least 3 speakers to be able to group. Is this correct and if so, what is the cheapest option to achieve what I want, i.e. to be able to play the same music in different rooms?

Do I really need to purchase a 3rd Sonos speaker or can I group my Google home speaker with my 2 Sonos speakers? 

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No. NO!  A thousand times no!  (Can you tell this comes up a lot?) Do not confuse saving a group with grouping.  Saved groups are a shortcut to a group that saves you clicks.  Since there is only one possible group when you only have two speakers, and it won’t save you any clicks, there is no way to save a group on a system with only two speakers.  You can still group the way you always have (see below).