Question

grouped alarm not working

• 12 December 2017
  • 11 replies

Folks, I see postings but no resolution to this and I haven't had any responses from the wise people at Sonos that aid but does anyone have an issue with grouped alarms with 8.2. Essentially when setting an alarm there is an option to turn on a "grouped room" switch. however this doesn't work (only the primary room plays the music, I have to regroup manually) and when I edit the alarm the button does not reflect my prior selection to group alarms. Is there something I am missing? I have about 11 different Sonos devices on the same network.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

oh this is running 8.2.1 controlled either with a Mac laptop, IOS or Android Oreo.
S
Also having the same problem...it is very frustrating that this stopped working!
Same problem here... IOS controller appears to save the setting, but not Mac version.
I confirmed this morning that grouped room alarm works when I set it using my iPhone, but not using the controller app on the Mac. On the Mac, when you check the correct setting and save the alarm, then re-open it, you can see the box is no longer checked. I have not tried on a PC yet. No sure if just looking at the alarm from the Mac erases the correct setting, but try doing it from your smartphone.
I tried the Windows controller and it appears to work. I will confirm when my morning alarm goes off. So far, its just the Mac controller that fails to set the 'include grouped rooms' attribute properly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
As Space Cowboy noticed, it's just with the Mac controller right now. We're looking into it at the moment. The setting should work fine with any other controller.
are you sure, while it will work in iOS I don't seem to be able to make it work on an android phone either...
as a truly "democratic" household... half of the phones (iPhones only) and half the computers (WinX) can control.. Android and Mac devices won't work
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
With Sonos version 8.3 this issue should be fixed. Can you please update all of your devices to this version and test out the include grouped rooms option?
Still not working for me on my iPad Air and software version 8.3.1
Would you please submit a system diagnostic within 10 minute of experiencing this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss the issue? They may have a need to not only look at the diagnostic, but potentially remote in to your system to see why it isn't working the way it should.