Question

Group volume always at 50%

• 6 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a group on Sonos at work that has 3 rooms set on it, no matter what I do the average volume of all 3 of the rooms has to be at 50%. I can't do anything to change it.

So there are times when I have to have one room that's super loud just so I can have the other rooms somewhat quiet.

I;ve searched the internet, forums, whatever you can think of and I haven't found any solutions to this issue.

It does it whether I'm using an iPhone, Android, or the Windows Controller.

I have submitted diagnostics and the number is 8170900.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Normally you click on the volume slider and it shows individual volume sliders.

Now if they are Sonos Connects set to fixed volume the volume slider won’t d anything. Then under settings. Room settings for each. Change from fixed to variable.
Userlevel 1
All the rooms we have are set to Variable. And yes, it shows individual volume sliders, but the group volume has to average to be 50%, so if I change one very low, the other 2 rooms will get louder so the group stays at 50%
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are they connects. What are the connects feeding in to ?
Userlevel 1
Yes they're connects, i'm not sure what you mean. We have multiple controllers set up around our office and they're playing through speakers in the ceiling. We have 6 separate tablets set up that can control the SONOS system. Does that answer your question, or am I way off-base?
We have something weird happening like this... yesterday when I grouped the pLybase the volume was crazy loud....this morning my wife said when she turned on the kitchen the volume was super loud... when I got up..tried to group the bedroom and bathroom speakers to the kitchen that was playing... the bedroom was super loud... very annoying

What’s up with that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You are just clicking on the volume bar aren’t you so that the individual volumes for each room come up. Not just increasing and lowering the main volume control.