Question

Google music - add to playlist

Userlevel 3
Badge
How can I add a track to a Google Music playlist while in the Sonos app? We'd like to switch from Spotify and you can to a Spotify playlist from within the Sonos app. Thanks. Steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello TheHellers,

In order to change music on a Google Playlist, this would have to be done within the Google Play interface. You can only change make changes to Sonos Playlists that can consist of Google Play Music as well as Spotify Music.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this and I'll be happy to assist you. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I think what TheHellers is asking is that within the Sonos app, whilst playing google music, you can add to a google playlist.  The tracks and playlists from google music can be selected so why not the ability to add a google track to a google playlist within sonos ?  During my evaluation of Google Music, this was an issue for me also and one of the reasons I stuck with Spotify.  It seems Sonos are unable to make interface to a music service with all the features that service offers - something is always missing.

I dont use android devices so cant use the Google Play interface with sonos.

Spotify Connect support would solve this for me 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge
Is this something that is on the agenda? Being able to add to a Google playlist while in Sonos should be easy to program I would guess. Thanks! Steve
Is this something that is on the agenda? Being able to add to a Google playlist while in Sonos should be easy to program I would guess. Thanks! Steve

I'm also looking for this feature. Please add this to the roadmap.
Thank you
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hello - Just bumping this to see if it can be added. Went back to Google Play and this is one feature that we would love to have. We can work around it by going to the Google Music app, but it would be nice to have the functionality within Sonos.

Thanks!

Steve
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I also want to be able to add to google playlist from within Sonos. It is the one feature that is sorely missed when using the sonos app.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
With the way I use Google Play Music (GPM), driving it via the Sonos app doesn't really work for me:

1. I use GPM's various music discovery features such as stations, feeling lucky recommended, etc.
2. If I hear something I particularly like I add it to a GPM playlist named *Current.
3. I listen to the shuffled *Current playlist quite a lot and stuff I really like I Thumbs Up it and add it to my GPM library; other stuff eventually gets deleted from the *Current playlist.
4. This way my Thumbs Up GPM playlist becomes my giant curated list of all my very best stuff, which I shuffle play frequently.

Using the GPM Android app playing to Sonos this 'workflow' is simple, but it's not possible if using the Sonos app to play GPM. I'd need to be able to add a track to and remove one from a GPM playlist from within the Sonos app.

Likely I'm a bit of an edge case so won't be holding my breath 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge
I first asked this three years ago. Is this in the works? If not, then please just tell me it's not. I like Google Music since we can upload our music to them plus I get YouTube Red. But not being able to add a song to a Google Music Playlist from within Sonos is a hindrance (especially to my wife who loves to add songs to her run list).

If it's never going to happen that is fine, just let me know.

Thanks - Steve
This type of function must be implemented by Google via the Sonos Music Partners API. The service providers themselves control the functions available via the app, not Sonos. Also note, you can cast to Sonos directly from the GPM app on Android, which would allow you to access Sonos and the native app's playlist management at the same time.
Badge
Transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music, Amazon Music, Tidal for free with MusConv! www.musconv.com