Answered

Google home assistant integration

• 19 January 2018
  • 2 replies

What’s the ETA of getting google home assistant integrated into the sonos one?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 January 2018, 22:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

For better or worse, Sonos doesn't give timetables for releases like that. I suspect it has a lot to do with the complex nature of the code, and then the extremely variable time in which it has to be tested and QA'd. And if they do find issues in the QA process, there's an undefined amount of time to rewrite the code, which potentially starts the whole clock yet again.

If I remember Ryan S' post, it's going to be sometime in 2018, but it might be worth double checking my memory. But a more specific date from someone at Sonos is unlikely.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
My expectation just based off normal Sonos history is about 3 months after Apple launches Airplay2. I would be very surprised if any sooner and not surprised if a little later.

Sonos normally likes to include anything new in a their fairly long beta cycles. That's why I don't see it until at least 3 months from public launch. Maybe private alphas within a month and private betas within two months and then launch at minimum 3 months.