Answered

Google home and Alexa with Play 1

• 5 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Hi. I have 8 Play 1's and was wondering, if I bought a Sonos 1, would I then be able to voice control the others via Alexa or Google home ( whenever it becomes available)?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 May 2018, 10:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Smudger,

Yes you would, that’s in answer to both your questions. You could also add Amazon echo devices and use those aswell to voice control the Sonos Rooms, but please note there are in some cases a few limitations as mentioned in this document link below, for example you can’t launch tracks from your local library or Apple Music, but it works great with Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer and Tune-In streaming subscription services.

Controlling Sonos with Alexa
CLICK HERE for voice control instructions.

Hopefully Google Home and AirPlay-2 will both follow later this year.

Note: I can see all future Sonos hardware being smart-home enabled with built in voice assistants ...and rumour on these forum pages in recent days, is suggesting an all new Sonos PlayBar is due out in early June, with HDMI connection, so you may want to wait and consider that option too, instead of, or aswell as, buying a new Sonos One.