Answered

Google Assistent

• 11 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Why would Solos after years of hinting that Goggle play would work more seamlessly and would be able to incorporate Google Home then turn around and go with Alexa (have they even used Alexa? ) Google home will be the competing echo system to apple. If there is not a solution soon I will Kijiji my entire setup and move to a more compatible Wi-Fi speaker system that support the rest of my home set up. I started with SONOS and now that other companies have released their smart home tech the idea that not only has SONOS closed them selves off to future market share but also in not releasing a separate home remote to help with the disconnect is yet another blind spot in this organizations view. YEs you might have been there first and did it well but it takes one better product and in the race to integrated all together so then you are bound to one echo system SONOS has lost. Part two, why is there only one input for the sound bar? I have my television and a record player my Play 5 is hooked up to my computer because GOOGLE HOME does not work with SONOS. Oh well I guess I will wait 6 months and if there is not a SONOS remote or integrations with Google Home then I will be selling off my SONOS speakers.

There was so much potential here and its wasted on poor future proofing and advanced understanding of Market shift. This is not the most expensive unit but by far not the cheapest. I really did expect more collaboration when looking at how we integrate sound (Phone - media, music movies, and virtual assistance need to be the focus, not just great sound.

Good luck,
Matthew Lucas
icon

Best answer by Kumar 11 December 2017, 08:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Have you read any of the information that is in this forum? Sonos has said that they want to work with all systems, not just Alexa.

My guess is that Amazon was the first to commit to providing a code team to work on the integration process. But Sonos hasn't said that Amazon is the only one.

By the way, I'm not sure that posting your phone number in a public forum was a wise choice. You may be getting phone calls from people who don't work for Sonos.
Thank you, phone number has been removed.
I have heard that Amazon and Google do not want to work together, this is not a collaboration project for Google, Amazon and Apple. This was SONOS's opportunity to stay cutting edge. I really feel, and in my opinion SONOS has handled this poorly. This is also coupled with new connection issues and lack of newer connectivity tech (5G) for fixes. I think I am more disappointed in watching a company I believed in loose all that ground they gained when first hitting this market. Lack of a SONOS remote it a major issue. Yes, I know there are after market remotes, but I will pay for one made for SONOS by SONOS. I will not use an AMAZON assistant when my entire technoscape is Google, Android and Chrome.

Once again thank you pointing out my number. Have a great holiday season.

Kind Regards,

Matthew Lucas
Why would Solos after years of hinting that Goggle play would work more seamlessly and would be able to incorporate Google Home then turn around and go with Alexa (have they even used Alexa? )
Good question, seeing how well the Android based Google Play app casts music directly to Sonos.

For reasons I can't even guess at, Google Home/Mini don't do that, they need an intervening Chromecast Audio puck and a Sonos with line in.

But if Google Play Music on Android can cast to Sonos the way it already does, if the latter two devices could do that as well, why is anything more needed for voice controlled Google Play Music on Sonos?

It would seem to also be a much simpler route than the Amazon server to Sonos server based one used for the Sonos Alexa integration - just my guess, that. And if so, faster global deployment: Google Play Music cast to Sonos did not involve - as far as I recall - the big project that Sonos is making out for keeping up with Amazon on Alexa's global deployment.

It would seem to also be a much simpler route than the Amazon server to Sonos server based one used for the Sonos Alexa integration - just my guess, that.

Come to think of it, can someone specify the route down which the command flows when I tap the casting icon in the Google native app on Android till the time the music starts playing from the Sonos unit.
Hello,

You bring up some valid points, but we have tried every workaround we " a team of young tech savvy think tank types" This started as a disbelief that we could not integrate Google Home with what seemed to be a set of wi-fi speakers. On the Google side is where I should ask the questions about how they prevent Google Home from playing to the devises even though they are on the same network and show up. Yes, I do want to say "hey Google, play some jazz in the living room" and have it happen. Google with there first products in the sound market coming out over the next serval months, it will be interesting to see the comparisons between the Play 5 and the Goggle Max.

Cheers!

Matthew Lucas