Give our community the old app back!

• 29 November 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
I can't express how much I dislike the new app update. Yes I know this topic isn't new, but our community needs to make our voice loud, and we must keep talking. Have confidence that Sonos is listening, and dont wait to speak up until they reply "okay we've heard you, and we are giving back what you want."

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
#Rollback
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos has never rolled back or allowed older app to be downloaded. They have been steadfast in this policy.
Userlevel 3
Badge
#Black #Background
You do realize hashtags mean nothing on this site? It's not Twitter.
Userlevel 3
Badge

#Hashtag #Twix
Thanks for starting this thread. After a month of using the app and hoping the update would fix inconsistencies in the UI, all I want is the OPTION of a rollback. I keep thinking the menu logic will "click" in my brain. Someday it will all make sense. It hasn't. (For over 20 years I have made my living dealing with highly complicated, menu driven professional sound recording equipment. So it's not new territory for me) On the other side, my wife has given up using the system and I'm now, for the first time since purchasing, wondering if I made a thousand dollar mistake.

Let the folks who enjoy the new app keep thier's and let the rest of us rollback. Let's hope it happens before The Harvard Business School issues a case study on how a "hardware company" was killed app release.

Sincerely,
A former advocate.
Userlevel 3
Badge
"A former advocate" Brilliant. Thank you for your thoughts ParkerAudio. I see this elsewhere in the community. Sonos fans used to jump for joy at how excited we were to experience the Sonos ecosystem, and tell their friends too.

I just wrote Sonos with the following:

ROLLBACK the APP!!!!! Listen to your community. Tell us "we heard you," and you're giving your fans what they want. We all used to RAVE about Sonos. Now we cringe and cry. I want to RAVE about Sonos again, because Sonos is listening to their biggest fans.

#sigh
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Yes I know this topic isn't new, but our community needs to make our voice loud, and we must keep talking. Have confidence that Sonos is listening, and dont wait to speak up until they reply "okay we've heard you, and we are giving back what you want."
Out of transparency sake, I feel it's important to let you know what our intentions are with multiple threads created on the same topic of discussion. As a Community Moderator, I want all of your voices to be heard. Because of this, you will likely see this thread (along with others) start to merge together. This is so we can have this feedback tracked, tagged and presented to the right people for consideration. We reply to as many threads as possible and are always keeping up to date on what's being posted. We hear you.

A great way to get your posts noticed by others in the Community is through the use of public tags when creating a topic. Feel free to use them!