Answered

Genere > Artists Always Displays Last Artist In A Group In Next Group

• 8 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi,

When I search my music library by Genre, then Artist - the last artist within a letter group always displays as the first entry in the next letter group.

I have verified that the artists sort correctly when sorted just by artist (not first sorted by genre). I have also double-checked the meta data and it is correct (of course I knew that based on the artists displaying correctly prior to the pre-sort).

This is more of an annoyance - with the exception of the last artist in genres never display.
icon

Best answer by jdmcmah 8 December 2016, 02:33

Hi JDag,

Thanks for the response and the cross-posts. It's interesting that it seems to be a bug with the Mac player only.

I am on a Mac and I *did* have artists that started with non-alpha characters - 80's Artists and 'Weird Al' Yankovich. Renaming the artists and restarting the program fixed the issue.

Thanks so much for your insight on this.

It seems that there is still a bug that needs to be fixed - but this is an acceptable work around for now.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I started a thread about 6 weeks ago with a somewhat similar issue, although mine were with albums. Then another user reported something similar too. Here are those threads:

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/grouping-issue-on-mac-controller-6754912/index1.html#post16053827

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/music-library-1-entry-off-6761525#post16064946

A couple of Qs for you:
1) Is this issue noticed when using a Mac? Have you tried on a PC?
2) Do you by chance have 1 or more artists at the top that start with a number (such as 3 Doors Down)?
Hi JDag,

Thanks for the response and the cross-posts. It's interesting that it seems to be a bug with the Mac player only.

I am on a Mac and I *did* have artists that started with non-alpha characters - 80's Artists and 'Weird Al' Yankovich. Renaming the artists and restarting the program fixed the issue.

Thanks so much for your insight on this.

It seems that there is still a bug that needs to be fixed - but this is an acceptable work around for now.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I will pass this info onto Sonos (I have an open ticket with them).