full control sonos1 on windows 10

• 18 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I and many others are very frustrated that I can no longer have full control of the sonos app in windows 10.

Please tell me how to restore this functionality or how to work around this issue.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What do you mean by ‘full control’? 

As far as I’m aware, you should have full control of the app on Windows 10.

However, there has been a reduction in capabilities of the desktop controller, both Windows and Mac, inasmuch as the setup functionality has been removed. But you should be able to use the app without issue to control your music. 

I and many others are very frustrated that I can no longer have full control of the sonos app in windows 10.

Please tell me how to restore this functionality or how to work around this issue.

Thanks

It’s been nearly 2 years since these changes were announced.  That’s a pretty long time to be frustrated and not complain. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Please tell me how to work around this issue.

Use a supported Android or iOS phone.

I assume that’s what you’ve been using for the last 2 years or so?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Please tell me how to work around this issue.

Use a supported Android or iOS phone.

I assume that’s what you’ve been using for the last 2 years or so?

It is possible to use the PC controller exclusively for 2 years. You can’t set up a new system, or add a component to existing system, or perform certain system-level config changes (eg rename a room). You can play as much music as you like though.