Frequency of Sonos updates

• 18 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
How often annually does Sonos update the applications? It seems that every time I turn on Sonos app (PC or Android), it is always wanting to do an update. This has become more and more frequent. Yes, I'm also aware of "auto update" which works if the PC is left on at night.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Used to be every 3-4 months. Lately, 9.1 to 9.2 was 1 month, 9.2 to 9.3 was 2 months. Unless you only use Sonos once a month or so, it certainly is not every time one turns it on.
Badge +2
Thx....Yes, I guess I'd say we are infrequent whole-house Sonos listeners (sigh)....Maybe it seems that every time I launch the Android app it wants an update, and the next day, I launch application on a PC and again it wants an update...just seems to too frequent unless critical bugs or new features....
It often would be the case that the Android and PC apps would need an update. App updates are unique to the controller device, and are different from system updates. The vast majority of updates will require updating of the Sonos hardware, then subsequent updates for the app on each controlling device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I find it aggravating but I have gotten used to going to every controller and updating it after a system update.