Feedback on music sources

Userlevel 2
Badge
I have a lot of music on iTunes on my computer, which is uploaded to the cloud via iTunes Match and synced to my iPhone. That way, I have the exact same local copy of my music on both my Mac and iPhone. Unfortunately, when I add my music to the queue via the Sonos Mac app, it doesn't play once I close the laptop. Same goes for the iPhone -- if I add it from there, I can't play it after a few hours, even if my phone continue to be connected to the same Wifi network. Both return an error saying the songs can't be played and that I have to launch the controlled of the device I added the queue from.

I wish there was a way to fix that so I don't have to keep adding the same music from whichever device I'm using.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, Prodan. Thanks for raising this with us. You are entirely correct, the memory on these devices becomes unavailable after a period of inactivity, or one they are powered off. The number one recommendation to circumvent this issue would be to use a NAS drive to host your music library. Let us know if you have any further questions. Many thanks.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings