Question

Feature request: Triple tap previous track

A welcome functionality improvement was the double tap next track on the pause button. So a logical next step would be say a triple tap to go back a track... yes?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Some of us can barely manage the double click reliably. Doubt I could do a triple more than one time out of ten!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
1 for Pause
2 for Next
3 for Back
4 for Skip Next
5 for Skip back
6 for Next album
7 for Previous album
8 for Next Artist
9 for Previous Artist

Sorted. No more than that because i can only count to ten with my clothes on and I'm already using one of my fingers to press the button.
http://dilbert.com/strip/2016-06-12 😉
So it's probably about time the triple click to skip back got implemented, right?
Really hope so. Seems stupid to be able to double tap to go next track but there's nothing to go back!
I am sure Sonos are giving this development the priority it merits.
Oh. My God. Look at what you've done. Is there a way to disable this, because my kids have figured it out and are listening to the same Raffi song over and over again.
In the Sonos app, I believe turning off "Hardware Control Volume", which is under Settings>App Settings should make those buttons on the speakers non-functional. Who is Raffi?
Oh. My God. Look at what you've done. Is there a way to disable this, because my kids have figured it out and are listening to the same Raffi song over and over again.

Have Sonos now implemented a way to go backward then on the buttons?
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
In theory it's been in for some time. I say 'in theory' because, although it's now part of the system functionality, it doesn't work for me.
Triple tapping invariably pauses or goes to the next track. There's no way to adjust the required 'tap speed' but you may have more success than me. I triple tap to try to go back and pretty soon have reached the end of the album..
Thanks for that. It works a treat for me. No problem at all. A rapid triple tap goes back a track... yippee.