Feature Request: Touch panel on one device when using Home Theater setup

• 28 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a Home Theater setup (Beam, Sub and 2 Play One SL)

I like the touch panel functionality but I have to disable it because my kids like to press the touch buttons on the surround speakers.. They are not that high placed.

It would be convenient if there was an option in the software where i could make to Beam work with touch panel and disable the touch panel function on the other devices

2 replies

Wouldn’t they just touch the Beam ‘touch controls’ instead, as that too is ‘normally’ around the same height as the surrounds in many cases for a HT system? I don’t see the point - personally speaking, I would either switch all off, and/or explain to the children why they should not touch them. If the controls don’t do anything, they will give up and move onto other things, you would expect.

Badge

The One SL are on the back of the couch, so if they are on the couch it's tempting to touch the controls.

I agree with you to teach the children not to too touch them but for age 2 it's still difficult :-)

I've tried to switch the controls off, but it is still tempting to "try” to see if it does anything, so when you switch it back on….

For some reason the Beam is less interesting for them, perhaps to close to the tv so they can't see all